romanticidal: (i wanna run from everything)
Rafael Giovanni ([personal profile] romanticidal) wrote in [community profile] knightsoflegend2013-07-14 12:38 am

chicago ♔ beside you in time



♬ Right Where It Belongs - Nine Inch Nails

WHO || Buffy, Spike, Finnick, Myri, Dawn, Archer, Elena, Kat, Gar, Mark, Isabella, Burt, Des, Rafael, Violet, Francesca, Luthir. [closed]
WHAT || The events directly following the day of Jade's death
WHERE ||Various, Chicago

WHEN || July 5th, 2013 to the funeral

HOW || Actionspam


[ Following a long night after returning from the hospital where Jade finally passed away, there remains a lot to be said and done.

As Burt struggles to deal with the legal side of things, Francesca begins to head that way across the ocean in order to help the Knights do the same, and to help Finnick leave his celebrity life behind somehow. Violet takes the full weight of responsibility for planning the funeral into her hands, and the others continue to try to cope with what's occurred, and slowly put the pieces of information that they have together.

But many of them are still reeling from the revelations of the last few days, or carrying their own emotional burdens. Des continues to keep the truth about Jade's last words to himself as he deals with losing a woman he'd come to love, and faces up to a now uncertain future, thanks to a deal struck with Iscariot. Myri worries deeply about the potential fate of Violet, who's been considering hunting down Keijen Blade on her own, and her concern causes another small rift in her relationship with Finnick. Buffy finally reaches a point of breaking down over her conflicted feelings for Rafael, as Elena assists Archer in completing a giant fireworks bomb for reasons unknown.

This log covers the events leading up to the funeral, which means it will most likely cover a day or two or three. We will use it to make threads for any and all events occurring during this time.
]
luthir: (pic#6552428)

[personal profile] luthir 2013-07-29 04:34 am (UTC)(link)
[ HE IS VERY TAKEN ABACK FOR A MOMENT, and his eyes widen and he kind of stands there like what do getting crushed, but after a sec he gets it together and wraps his arms around her as well, embracing her tightly. and it's really sad how excited he and francesca get over people actually hugging them ]
shootfirst: (changing her name from kitty to karen.)

[personal profile] shootfirst 2013-07-29 04:39 am (UTC)(link)
Both? I always thought it was kinda weird, holding onto all that one god stuff when there's like... walking descendants of pagan gods running around, but she doesn't seem to think one ix-nays the other.
isisagent: (Unamused)

[personal profile] isisagent 2013-07-29 04:53 am (UTC)(link)
Oh I don't know.

Ask the guy with the gaping hole in his face?
65: <user name=seethesoldiers site=insanejournal.com> (we what the land folks loves to cook)

[personal profile] 65 2013-07-29 04:59 am (UTC)(link)
[shrug.] I like it. [but he comes from a place where people are the least creative and name their children after bread or just weird shit like gloss and glimmer. so he's probably not an authority.]
shootfirst: (vlcsnap-2012-04-08-15h39m06s227)

[personal profile] shootfirst 2013-07-29 05:11 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah, but I didn't see anything secret about that. Kinda the opposite.
slay: ats (1.08) (Default)

[personal profile] slay 2013-07-29 05:12 am (UTC)(link)
Are you hungry?

I mean, I guess you're never exactly hungry - well, not for - I mean person food. If I got some, would you eat it?
bigbad: injuries (you can poison me with lies)

[personal profile] bigbad 2013-07-29 05:12 am (UTC)(link)
You're stronger than you think. But of course I'd drag you away. [He squeezes her shoulder.] I won't let anything happen to you.
bigbad: injuries (But tell me now)

[personal profile] bigbad 2013-07-29 05:17 am (UTC)(link)
[He nods.] Sure, only... nothing garlicky. Doesn't go down well. [A beat.] Unless you can find those blooming onion things. I love those.
starfucker: (get the fuck out.)

[personal profile] starfucker 2013-07-29 05:19 am (UTC)(link)
[ wat ] You want me to do a eulogy?
bigbad: injuries (take my soul)

[personal profile] bigbad 2013-07-29 05:19 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah, and don't I love having that gnawing hole in the back of my head where something used to be, only I've no clue what it is.
isisagent: (Unamused)

[personal profile] isisagent 2013-07-29 06:15 am (UTC)(link)
Well what's the point of being a secret agent, if no one knows about it?
graveflowers: (Ω angry eyebrows)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 07:13 am (UTC)(link)
It's a really fucking short list, Burt. [There is no blander expression.] I can enumerate a whole number of reasons why you should do it, many of which include threats and one even a bribe.
graveflowers: (Ω what's that?)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 07:18 am (UTC)(link)
[She shrugs right back.] I'm being forced to get used to it. Once in a while, I actually like it -- but I don't think Luthir has ever called me Vi...
graveflowers: (Ω conversation.)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 07:22 am (UTC)(link)
[Look at them just getting shit done.] Can't we start it out here?
graveflowers: (Ω glance down)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 07:36 am (UTC)(link)
[She still hasn't cleaned up her broken lamp, so she can't say anything. Plus she's a mess. Basically, his room looks spotless to her. She takes that seat once it's free, though, pulling her legs up to sit cross-legged like a little kid.

Hmm, how to broach the subject with her Italian.]
So, you know I've been planning the funeral, right?
graveflowers: (Ω ewww.)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 07:50 am (UTC)(link)
I don't know how important anymore. [Nor does she really want to touch it and see if breaking it had or had not broken that... presence.] Hopefully when Jade got her memories back it shattered the magic in it. Would have been cooler if it sort of shattered the necklace though, like sand or something equally dramatic.

[She wrinkles her nose.] But I sort of... need it. Not for me, I mean. For the funeral. Would you mind?
65: <user name=seethesoldiers site=insanejournal.com> (my mom promised to clean out the drawers)

[personal profile] 65 2013-07-29 08:03 am (UTC)(link)
[YOU KNOW WHO/WHAT THEY HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT????] Luthir?
graveflowers: (Ω blushing)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 08:19 am (UTC)(link)
[Basically Finnick is about to one up everyone except Kat in his knowledge because damn if she does not blush like mad. Of course since it's her bestie he gets all the knowledge, but she drops this on the down low, leaning over to whisper.]

Uh-huh. He personally recruited yours truly's fine ass to this lovely establishment. And it has since been my mission in life to make him my boyfriend? Except he's this two hundred year old elf who probably says ten word for every five thousand of mine.

[And she looooooves him.]
nothingsodivine: (no one else here will save you)

[personal profile] nothingsodivine 2013-07-29 12:19 pm (UTC)(link)
[He slumps and just awkwardly freezes into the hug.] Yeah, yeah. I know.

[EVERYTHING SUCKS.]
savemyself: (i want the ocean right now)

[personal profile] savemyself 2013-07-29 03:22 pm (UTC)(link)
That depends on the subject. Burt advised we keep most of our conversations about things that might affect the trial in private.
starfucker: (fucknuggets.)

[personal profile] starfucker 2013-07-29 03:37 pm (UTC)(link)
Save some time and skip to the dick sucking. What's the bribe.
shootfirst: (pic#2249439)

[personal profile] shootfirst 2013-07-29 03:39 pm (UTC)(link)
Something about a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I think.
isisagent: (Grin)

[personal profile] isisagent 2013-07-29 04:12 pm (UTC)(link)
I've still got that, though...

[Archer swirls the bloody mary, and takes another drink...]

I mean, Why not both... right?
graveflowers: (Ω listening.)

[personal profile] graveflowers 2013-07-29 04:14 pm (UTC)(link)
I won't ever call you Bertram again. [She watches him mildly. Her bribe is not much of a bribe tbh. The threats were better.]

Page 30 of 52